Topic: Live CD 0.3.4.7 cannot detect my devices...

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate and have 2 HDDs and 1 optical drive, all of which are SATA2.

I choose the second option (old x config whatever) because the first one causes a black screen and stops communication between my videocard (an x800 GTO, and given the misery it's given me in Ubuntu, I'm not surprised.) and my monitor. (Is the option I choose the best?)

And when the GUI loads, none of my devices are detected (I just see the GUI, an X cursor were devices would be, and no devices detected no matter how much I refresh.).  I have rev 3.3 of Gigabyte's P965 DS3, a Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 2.7 GHz, and WD 250 GB and Seagate 250 GB SATA2 HDDs.

UH! AH! CHAVEZ NO SE VA!

Re: Live CD 0.3.4.7 cannot detect my devices...

Could you please post the output of the following command :
# fdisk -l

Also add this one :
# dmesg | grep hd

please ?

I wonder if the problem should come from cpu duo core :-/

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

X cursor... ? (It must be an arrow).
2 questions:
1) Black desktop screen or light brown?
2) Do you see the 6 icons at the top of the desktop?
If Black and no icons, then try the following:
- Press control+alt+backspace
- When wou see the text screen, type the command "exit" (and press enter).
Then gparted could open and run. This happens to me too, with duo core E6600, ASUS P5Bdeluxe-WiFi motherboard with intel 965P chipset.

I'm afraid intel is the nightmare in 21st century informatics.
sad

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

4 (edited by CommieCowboy 2007-06-20 12:54:46)

I can see the 6 icons if I choose the 2nd option in the boot menu..lol...The first one, I cannot.

Je suis capable a voir les 6 icons si je choisi la 2e option option. Avec la premiere, le moniteur se d

5 (edited by class413 2007-06-20 13:03:40)

With the 1st option (or the Force VESA option), I get the black screnn with gparted and no icons, and I do as I wrote above:
http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtop … 3903#p3903
Then, gparted becomes fully operational.

Try it please and tell us if it worked! Try with the Force VESA option, that usually gives a bigger window in the screen, easier to work.
smile

Essayez s'il vous plait l'option "Force VESA" et essayez ce que je d

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

En effet, je suis Anglophone...Mais j'ai

7 (edited by CommieCowboy 2007-06-20 13:53:36)

Force Vesa a march

Pas du tout. Il marche bien avec SATA, SATA2 et avec IDE. Il ne marche pas avec les disques dynamiques, mais cela n'a rien

CommieCowboy wrote:

Force Vesa a march

So I'm better off speaking English here? Everything relating to the GUI is loading the fine. I'm just not able to get any of my discs detected.

class413 wrote:

Je ne sais pas si Larry sera content, tongue  puisque le reste du forum est en Anglais, donc je r

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

GParted forum → Live Media → Live CD 0.3.4.7 cannot detect my devices...

Currently installed 2 official extensions. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.