Topic: Three criticisms

I recently tried to use GParted to clone a drive which was in the early stages of "the click of death".  Unfortunately, I was not able to use GParted due to some bad sectors on the source drive.  (I ended up using dd_rescue.)  I did use GParted to stretch the filesystem to fit the partition on the destination drive, and I hopefully I will remember GParted whenever I need to shrink or expand partitions.

Criticisms:
1. When trying to copy the partition, I received "destination partition too small" errors even though I kept the defaults.  I believe this is because the destination drive had different CHS characteristics.  So 2002 MiB on the source was rounded down to 2000 MiB on the destination, instead of being rounded up to 2008 MiB.

2. When the partition copy failed (due to bad sectors on the source drive), GParted left the destination filesystem in a corrupted state, which caused the "Searching for devices" to not complete (or at least take 10x longer than it did initially).  I also experienced this when I manually aborted the copy.  I had to remove the partition using DOS FDISK for GParted to start normally.

3. I was really disappointed that there is no way to instruct GParted to ignore the bad sectors and complete the copy.  (Good ol' DOS Abort, Retry, Ignore)  Doubly annoying is the sectors were marked bad in the FAT (which I confirmed using DOS SCANDISK) and GParted (unlike G4U) recognizes the filesystem.