Topic: Bringing files into a new partition

Hello!

First of all, thanks for this great software!

I have to partition a flash card into one ext2 and one ext3 partition, which is going very easy with GPartEd. I've found your LiveCD while searching for a possibility to do so under Windows without any result.

I have to additionally copy files onto the ext partition and as I saw Thunar I hoped this will be possible.

I inserted the file I wanted into the iso. But it isn't available as the LiveCD runs from the ram and doesn't mount the CD.

Is there a chance that future versions will be able to mount cds and copy files to recently created partitions?

I know this isn't a common wish, but maybe it is easy to do. I don't know how complex it is to bring in some mounting ability and filesystem writing.

So, have a nice day and once again thanks wink

by(e) Steeve

Re: Bringing files into a new partition

Hi Steeve.
Not sure I do understand what you say :-/
To copy file from one partition to another one you just need to mount the both partitions then run MC (midnight commander) -- much better than thunar -- and then copy what you want where you want. (to run MC type in a termonal the following command : mc

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

Hi LarryT,

What I meant was putting the files I need on the partition on the CD where GPartED is on.

But Midnight Commander sounds also good.. I didn't know that I can start it in the terminal of GPartED...

The problem is, I have some basic Linux knowledge but I'm not sure about the people who should work with it wink
So I searched for a GUI-way to get the formatting done... and if somehow the data gets onto it to it would be optimal

Thanks for your quick replay, will test it today

Have a nice day!

by(e) Steeve

Steeve wrote:

Hi LarryT,
The problem is, I have some basic Linux knowledge but I'm not sure about the people who should work with it wink
So I searched for a GUI-way to get the formatting done... and if somehow the data gets onto it to it would be optimal

Yeap, sure thing !

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)