1 (edited by migkl 2007-04-02 19:26:48)

Topic: [SOLVED] How to start from live-cd?

Hello!

I'm trying to resize my root partition from the live cd, but when I boot from cd, I only get "grub>". What command do I have to enter to start gparted?

Michael

Re: [SOLVED] How to start from live-cd?

I guess your burn is not good : how did you burn the iso file ?

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

I burnt it with nero, even twice with different versions of gparted.

MIchael

The problem may come from the fact you use cd-rw : did you perform a good erasing before burning iso ? BTW burning different iso is not a good idea since GRUB may change from one to another one...
My own experience is that it is always better to erase completely cd-rw before to burn iso again...

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

I didn't use CD-RW, but the problem is solved in the meanwhile. I managed to do the job with a different version within a Linux Live-CD.

Thank you!

6 (edited by johnroberts 2007-04-03 12:41:30)

If the ISO you downloaded is OK (check the MD5...) and your NERO version is OK and you don't have any driver or hardware related problems (you can check through NERO's system info tool in extras) then you should not have any problems with the LiveCD (The LiveCD starts GParted automatically!!!).
To burn you start the standard NERO Burning ROM app and "open" the ISO. Also it is better to check the "verify" option after burning...

Greets