Topic: How is GParted Live created

GParted Live is a great tool, thanks very much for it.

I'm interested in creating my own Live CD and would like to know what you used to create GParted Live? 

Is it possible to get the scripts which created the iso (if there are such scripts)?

Currently I'm looking at http://www.linux-live.org.

Re: How is GParted Live created

I built the entire thing by hand and still do. There are no scripts. I started with a LFS hint called "easy livecd" about a year ago and made drastic changes to that hint. I use an altered init system from LFS and build all the packages with Slackware-current. I build everything on my Slackware system and copy and paste all the files into the rootfs of the cd. There is no package management. Look at the file linuxrc in isolinux/initrd.gz that's how I get the system to boot. The entire process I use is pretty complex and someday if I have time I plan to do a how I did it. I'm not really 100% on the exact process yet so it would be a waste of time anyway.

The cd really isn't based on any distro nor uses any scripts to automate the process. I only use Slackware for a program build environment.

Re: How is GParted Live created

Thanks very much for the quick reply.  I will look at linuxrc. 

There's so many different approaches to Live CDs, it's a real learning experience :-)