1 (edited by Dragonchilde 2007-02-20 09:33:19)

Topic: No Screens Found

Before I go burning 2 dozen disks trying to find the right release in hopes of solving this problem, I figured I'd go ahead and post this here.

I'm getting a No Screens Found error. I'm running a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 400 video card, attempting to run gparted 0.3.5-5

Everything boots up to this point, then it cannot load the GUI. I have a working command prompt.

This is my first step into the linux world. Be gentle, or my Windows will come and getcha. (And promptly crash, no doubt.)

~I'm just a girl

Re: No Screens Found

Well, ima running exactly the same video card on one iof my computer and i get no problem :-/
Could you please give the ten lines from /etc/x11/xorg.conf in the section "section device" ?
I guess wrong driver as been set.

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

Err... how do I look that up? (Told ya, I'm REALLY new to Linux.)

~I'm just a girl

Hm, are you able to contact me on IRC ? gimpnet channel #gparted ?
It would be easier to solve your problem i guess... Just tell me if it sounds possible to you .

Larry
GParted-project Admin

It's been a while since I've used IRC, but I think I found it.

I did find the instructions to find the file in one of your stickied posts, so here's what I found, while I'm hunting a decent irc client

#Option "sw_cursor"
#Option "hw_cursor"
#Option "NoAccel"
#Option "ShowCache"
#Option "UseFBDev"
#Option "Rotate"
Identifier "Card0"
#The following line etc...
Driver "i810"
Vendorname "All"
Boardname "All"
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"

Sorry for case or spacing changes; this is on another PC.

~I'm just a girl

Hello, I have the same problem. On a PC with a Elsa VGA S3 Trio64V2 (2 MB) I got the message no screens found. After patch the xorg.conf with "vesa" instead "" the display flickers. I hope this helps to find the problem. On my other PC it works fine with an intern Gforce.

hm, thx for reporting... i am currently working on this problem ...

Larry
GParted-project Admin