Topic: No Screens Found v0.3.3-5

I have a PIII running on a Soyo SY-7VMA-B with a S3 Savage4 AGP on-board video card.  I tried the defaults at the boot prompt and also the 4 listed modes for i810 and intel, both of which give me the No Screens Found error after choosing keyboard layout.  I wasn't sure if this video chipset just isn't supported or if there was another problem I was having.  I'm using v0.3.3-5 of the LiveCD and I burned the iso with Alex Feinman's ISO recorder.  Thanks.

Re: No Screens Found v0.3.3-5

Yes i know the poblem you report. This comes from a problem around mkxf86config.
If you know how, just edit your xorg.conf file and change the driver by "vesa" and then startx and it will do the trick.
If you dont, i have umploaded a new iso that force vesa driver to be used as default. It should work like this for the moment.
The iso can be found there : http://gparted.free.fr/gparted-livecd-0 … -20h56.iso

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

I downloaded the updated iso you linked to, but the error is still there.  Right after I type in startx, the screen flickers briefly then gives me the error, fatal IO error 104.

Are you able to past error messages ? It might more than one.
Any way, could you edit your xorg.conf ?
If you dont could you contact me on IRC Gimpnet channel #gparted ?
There i can drive you

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)