Topic: RAID cards supported?

Hi All,

does anybody have a list of which type\model raid cards are supported?

I'm having issues with;

HP smart array 6400 which reports..... lost interrup during boot (drv=cpqcissm.sys)
Compaq 32 bit ultra SCSI (drv= cpq32fs2.sys)
HP smart array 642 (drv=cpqcissm.sys)

Many thanks in advance

Lee

Re: RAID cards supported?

real hardware raids are supported because to the software they look like a single disk.
(semi)softraids are not supported yet and will show up as separate disks/partitions.

The above goes for gparted, but maybe you are talking about the livecd and letting it recognize your raidcard? In that case you may have to select your type of card from a list during the bootprocess.

hi plors,

I used livecd 0.2.6 to boot from to detect my raid cards as stated above.

I've now down loaded 0.3.1-1 and upon boot chosen the option to load extra raid modules.
which module do you chose for which raid card? dm-crypt, dm-emc, dm-mirror........etc

i wouldn't know, that depends on your specific card. You could even check them all....

hi plors,
I have a promise fasttrack133 "lite" built onto my mobo.  Any idea if any of the raid modules will work with that controller. 

Thank you,
Collinear123

I have an AliSata M5289 builtin to my ASrock 939-DualSata2 mobo. I've booted from the livecd (0.3.3.0) and checked off every one of the RAID drivers simultaneously. Right before loading into the GUI portion of the livecd, i get a message that says "no media found". I assume this is when it was searching for RAID devices. Both of these sata drives show up individually in GParted, but both do not show any partition information.

Is my hardware RAID device unsupported or have I done something wrong in the process?