Topic: How cancel Data Rescue process?

Hi,

I started a Data Rescue for an external drive NTFS 480GB
but it will take like 3 days.

How I can cancel the process? documentation said that a Cancel option should be displayed:
"if you do not have the time to wait for a full disk scan then click Cancel."

On my case is not showing

sudo pv -d $(pidof gpart)
   3:/dev/sdb: 3,77GiB 0:00:02 [2,28MiB/s] [>                                                                                                                                                                                                                         ]  0% ETA 2:07:36:35

stop by pid process? or can make worst the disk I'm trying to recover data?

https://i.ibb.co/L69pk9J/2023-09-25-10-38.png

Re: How cancel Data Rescue process?

The process to scan the disk surface looking for recognizable partitions/file systems is called "gpart".  The GParted GUI does not use this process to write to the disk surface so it should be safe to terminate the "gpart" process.

You might want to investigate testdisk for attempting to recover your data.  Testdisk is included in the GParted Live media.

Re: How cancel Data Rescue process?

gedakc wrote:

The process to scan the disk surface looking for recognizable partitions/file systems is called "gpart".  The GParted GUI does not use this process to write to the disk surface so it should be safe to terminate the "gpart" process.

You might want to investigate testdisk for attempting to recover your data.  Testdisk is included in the GParted Live media.

Thanks it work.
I stop it use TestDisk and I can get the files to make a backup.