Topic: Can't boot Gparted Live USB

Hi,  I've been searching online and on the forum and can't seem to find the answer.  I've downloaded the latest Gparted Live (gparted-live-1.4.0-6-i686.iso) file and followed the steps at https://gparted.org/liveusb.php.  I tried both the Unetbootin method and the manual method.  I even tried using YUMI.  In all cases, I am able to create the bootable USB stick and can boot the computer to load from the USB stick.  In all cases, I get the following error:

error: no such device: /live/vmlinuz.
error: file `/live/vmlinuz` not found
error: you need to load the kernel first.

Press any key to continue..._

I press any key and it brings me to the gparted boot menu again where I can choose different boot options.  I've tried all of them and they all cause the same error. 

I am setting up the USB on a Windows 10 box.  I mounted the iso and checked the zip file (when testing the manual option) and /live/vmlinuz does exist.  It's a file and it's 5,283 kb.

What am I missing?   I double checked and I am trying to boot a system with an i7 x86 chip, so the gparted-live-1.4.0-6-i686.iso should be the right iso.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Can't boot Gparted Live USB

If your processor is an Intel i7 chip then it uses 64 bit architecture.  I suggest trying the gparted-live-1.4.0-6-amd64.iso image.

Re: Can't boot Gparted Live USB

OH!  I thought that was only for AMD processors.  Thanks!  I'll give it a try!

gedakc wrote:

If your processor is an Intel i7 chip then it uses 64 bit architecture.  I suggest trying the gparted-live-1.4.0-6-amd64.iso image.