Topic: Specific instruction for Win 10 Pro resize the NTFS C: (GPartd 1.3.1)

Hello,
Just got a "new to me" PC with a fresh install of Win10Pro on it.  The disk is a 2TB drive and the default install left virtually nothing for me to install Linux.  (Linux will be the main OS....windows will only be used when it just has to, must be used (by someone other than me).  So, of the 2 Tb, 1.81 Tb is the Windows C: partition.  I'd like to shrink that to about 500Gb, or less.  The main website says that there are instructions on how to do this, but, if that is the case, I can't find them.    First time I tried, the system errored out, but after a reboot, etc.  booting into windows was restored, so I assume that the system is healthy.  Would someone please point me at detailed directions for resizing the Windows 10Pro partition?  (I do have a Windows 10 Pro DVD made as a backup from another installation, if that is the solution.  I've ben using Linux since the Fedora Core 3 days, so I do have a bit of experience.

Thank you for any assistance.
Mark

Re: Specific instruction for Win 10 Pro resize the NTFS C: (GPartd 1.3.1)

Look at:
1. the GParted Manual
2. or maybe one of the referenced tutorials

I love weird things.  Yesterday, gparted refused to let me resize.  Today, it worked perfectly.  Go figure....now on to installing OpenSuse linux!!!  Thank you for prompting me to try again.  big_smile big_smile

Sometimes a bad powerdown can prevent GParted from modifying a partition.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***