Topic: Please add link to AMD64 version iso on main download page

At now most of computers have AMD64 support, and you recommend to install  AMD64 version "For newer (>2010) computers with UEFI instead of legacy BIOS try this one. "

But on Download page there are no direct link to download AMD64 version iso, so many visitors don't see download link and don't see this warning, download i686 version.

Finding manually link to download AMD64 version iso is quest with many clicks.

Please add direct link to AMD64 version of lastest gparted iso to http://gparted.org/download.php page!

Re: Please add link to AMD64 version iso on main download page

The reason for the default link of i686 is that this version will work on both 32 bit and 64 bit computers.

3 (edited by Murz 2016-09-16 07:55:05)

gedakc wrote:

The reason for the default link of i686 is that this version will work on both 32 bit and 64 bit computers.

I know that this is more universal version, so keep it first and sized up in list as "default" option. But many users want 64 version (for example, with chroot ability to installed amd64 system), and finding amd64 version is too long quest. So please add direct link to latest amd64 version to main download page.

A link to download the amd64 version of the .iso file has been added to the GParted Download page.  You might need to refresh your web browser (F5 key) to see the updated page.

Thanks!

6 (edited by gedakc 2016-09-28 00:52:49)

Thanks Murz for you interest in GParted.  :-)