Topic: Trackpad does not work in recent versions

Hello,

On a Dell Latitude D600 booted with LiveUSB gparted-live-0.23.0-1-i586 or gparted-live-0.24.0-2-i586, the trackpad does not work anymore. It still works in Lubuntu 14.04
Can you help ?

Re: Trackpad does not work in recent versions

GParted Live is based on the SID version of Debian Live.

Would you be able to try Debian Live (SID) to see if the trackpad works on the latest release?

This will help to determine if the problem is common with upstream and needs to be fixed upstream.

gedakc wrote:

GParted Live is based on the SID version of Debian Live.

Would you be able to try Debian Live (SID) to see if the trackpad works on the latest release?

This will help to determine if the problem is common with upstream and needs to be fixed upstream.

Why not, although I'm not sure when I can try this.

I tried to make a Debian SID live USB, starting from debian-live-8.2.0-i386-lxde-desktop.iso and enabling persistence.
But the system runs out of space when I try to go from testing to sid (4GB key).
So it is too much fuss for now.

Thanks epsicot for reporting back on your progress.  Hopefully this issue will be resolved before we create the next GParted Live image.

6 (edited by gr.kemp 2015-11-24 01:22:51)

[WORK ROUND]
I had non working trackpad on my Toshiba Satellite L10, but found that a USB mouse can be used instead as a workround.

The trackpad works with gparted-live-0.25.0-1-i686.iso

Thank you epsicot for testing the trackpad in the latest GParted Live.

As mentioned before, GParted Live is based on Debian Live (SID).  Testing of the upstream distro can determine if the problem exists upstream.