Topic: livecd Netsurf ssl certificate errors

Downloaded and (bios) booted live CD 0.21 (i586) - Netsurf browser spawns ssl certificate errors.  Clicking google, yahoo bookmarks spawn so many that the browser freezes.  Openssl seems to be missing in the build.  Is this a gparted live bug?  Netsurf build bug? Debian Live issue?

Re: livecd Netsurf ssl certificate errors

Thank you for reporting this issue.  I was able to confirm the multiple spaws of SSL certificate error dialogs.

The Netsurf application is a package that is part of the upstream Debian Live distribution.

Would you be able to test the latest Debian Live?

If the issue persists, then the problem is most likely with upstream Debian and should be reported there.

gedakc wrote:

Thank you for reporting this issue.  I was able to confirm the multiple spaws of SSL certificate error dialogs.

The Netsurf application is a package that is part of the upstream Debian Live distribution.

Would you be able to test the latest Debian Live?

If the issue persists, then the problem is most likely with upstream Debian and should be reported there.

Still spawns cert errors with NetSurf on Gparted Live Cd version 0.23 i586 iso.

To reproduce:
1)  Do a search, lots of the links cannot go anywhere because of cert error popup.
2)  Also trying to sign ino Google causes a cert error.

Why doesn't Gparted LiveCD just use Firefox?  Or Iceweasel?

paulpoco wrote:

Why doesn't Gparted LiveCD just use Firefox?  Or Iceweasel?

We try to keep the GParted Live image as small as reasonably possible with the focus on partition editing.  As such any included tools which are not directly related to partitioning are chosen using size as a criteria.