1 (edited by MozillaUser1111 2014-04-18 07:10:09)

Topic: Thank me for that I had an old email account

Thank me for that I had an old email account. can't use gmail, known for spambot, can't use vpn, known as spambot, and the spambot protection creator of gparted I had to google to come across a thread that showed the creator is in the contact page and not what ppl would think is on main page lol.

omy gosh. That is pretty bad imho.

Please make it easier on us users for love of god.

2 (edited by gedakc 2014-04-18 18:15:45)

Re: Thank me for that I had an old email account

We wish that we did not need to implement SPAM protection measures.  Due to the amount of SPAM we were receiving and the time it was taking to deal with the SPAM we had to make some hard decisions.  Unfortunately all SPAM protection measures can adversely impact real users with real questions.  ;-(

gedakc wrote:

We wish that we did not need to implement SPAM protection measures.  Due to the amount of SPAM we were receiving and the time it was taking to deal with the SPAM we had to make some hard decisions.  Unfortunately all SPAM protection measures can adversely impact real users with real questions.  ;-(

ah thats sad. least there is IRC i think for users to turn to if they cannot access the forum, those are very tough measures. Have you guys thought about implementing google recaptcha?

I noticed I can access the forum by vpn after I found out I had an old account and signed in, which is great, please don't lock this down smile.

4 (edited by gedakc 2014-04-18 20:06:58)

Regarding anti-SPAM measures, we look for solutions that easily work with PunBB (our forum Software).  We try not to do any custom code because this takes away time from GParted development.  We try to keep our focus on GParted and GParted Live since we believe that is of most benefit to GParted users.