Topic: 2008 Resizing Issues

Hello.
The other day I tried to resize a Windows 2008 server and ended up with a stop error 0xc0000225.  I could not boot from the server anymore, and I could not do a Repair using the Windows 2008 CD (Windows didn't see any disk).    I was able to recover my data by attaching the disk to another server and copying off the data.

Since then, I see that there are newer version of Gparted which may have addressed this issue?  I used version 3.4.11 which I understand is fairly old.   My question is, has this error been addressed in a newer version, if so, since what version?? (I tried looking in release notes but didn't find anything specific to this 0xc0000225 error in 2008.

I've downloaded 4.6.1 and will use that going forward I think.  I don't want to encounter this again obviously.

Thanks for input.
JR

Re: 2008 Resizing Issues

Prior to GParted 0.4.4, a resize operation could also turn into a move to align with cylinder boundaries operation.  See Bug 571151 -  gparted moves partition to the left even if unneeded.

This could cause Windows to no longer boot and require manual repair using the installation CD.

I am not sure if this is the cause of the error you received.