Topic: Adding Linux RAID driver to live CD or after bootup

Hello,

First off, thanks to the developers for this great little tool.

I have a machine that I have added a Highpoint Rocket Raid 2640X4 card too, with 4 HDD setup in RAID10 Config.

I have the Live CD V4.6 but Partition editor does not recognise the raid volume.

High point have Linux drivers
http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/bios_ … nuxDrivers

How can the linux driver be added to the live CD or loaded after the live CD has booted, so that the raid volume can be formatted ?

Cheers
John

Re: Adding Linux RAID driver to live CD or after bootup

GParted live and Clonezilla live were created by the same method. Therefore you can refer to this:
http://drbl.sourceforge.net/faq/fine-pr … uashfs.faq

to add the driver in GParted live.

Hope this helps. If any question or problem, please post it again. Thanks.

Steven.

Thanks for your reply Steven.

stevenshiau wrote:

GParted live and Clonezilla live were created by the same method. Therefore you can refer to this:
http://drbl.sourceforge.net/faq/fine-pr … uashfs.faq

to add the driver in GParted live.

Hope this helps. If any question or problem, please post it again. Thanks.

Steven.

Could you please explain this in more detail?
I have tried to follow the posts so far, but I'm a newbie.

TIA

I think all I knew is on http://drbl.sourceforge.net/faq/fine-pr … uashfs.faq

Steven.

I'm also after something similar (I have a RR2310 card). The drive has been added and array expanded, but the ext3 partition on it can't be recognised by gparted because theres no driver.

I have gone through the above link, but its all a bit foreign to me, if anyone is able to provide more concise instructions that would be greatly appreciated (fast running out of disk space!)

7 (edited by JCCharles 2015-03-01 05:08:15)

The drive has been added and array expanded, but the ext3 partition on it can't be recognised by gparted because theres no driver.

I have gone through the above link, but its all a bit foreign to me, if anyone is able to provide more concise instructions that would be greatly appreciated (fast running out of disk space!)

Hey Sonny,  I'm new to this technology as well but was able to install by following the instructions exactly -- as posted above.  Maybe try again but don't skip anything.  Good luck!

Go outside, the graphics are amazing. (Unknown)

JCCharles wrote:

I'm also after something similar (I have a RR2310 card). The drive has been added and array expanded, but the ext3 partition on it can't be recognised by gparted because theres no driver.

Hey Sonny,  I'm new to this technology as well but was able to install by following the instructions exactly -- as posted above.  Maybe try again but don't skip anything.  Good luck!

Hi, this is Jerry.  Like many users I have Windows servers with root partitions becoming dangerously full.  In one case a large RAID 5 array is partitioned into root and data drives, controlled by an Intel Matrix ICH7 chip on the motherboard.  When I looked for a Linux driver on Intel's site, they indicated that after the 2.6.27 kernal, Linux includes whatever is needed to recognize the RAID drives.

Well, maybe not.  Can I integrate a windows driver? Can I add it after starting GPartEd Live?

Thanks for any assistance. - JB

If GParted Live is missing a driver for your system then you can also build your own custom version.

See Create GParted live from scratch.

gedakc wrote:

If GParted Live is missing a driver for your system then you can also build your own custom version.

See Create GParted live from scratch.

Thanks very much, I'll give it a try.  Hopefully I be able to follow these instructions - exactly.