Topic: Graphical Configuration Problem

I have an Intel Celeron CPU with an Intel 82810E Graphics Controller. I have tried all the options from the boot menu that begin with "GParted LiveCD". In every case, after loading keymap and language settings, I see the following:

"X.Org: You need graphical environment to start GParted. The graphical environment configuration should have been done automatically. Unfortuneately, it did not..."
So please run Forcevideo script, and you will be asked for video driver and resolution."

After entering "Forcevideo", "vesa" and "1024x768", the display goes black almost immediately.
I also tried "i810" and "1024x768". That causes the following message:

"Fatal server error
AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0
XIO: fatal IO Error 104..."

Is there any way I can get version 0.3.4-11 to work for me?

Re: Graphical Configuration Problem

There were always boot problems with intel graphics adapters, especially on board ones. I don't know if there is any customization from computer manufacturers.

You could try vesa with 800x600 too, as well as some older livecd version, perhaps 0.3.4-9.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

3 (edited by Higgy 2008-02-25 18:46:35)

Hi,

I appreciate the information. I decided to try the SystemRescueCD on http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page
It worked just fine with my Intel Graphics Adapter. Instead of pressing Enter at the first prompt for the default options, I needed to enter "rescuecd doxdetect". Now I can use GParted. smile

I got the same X.Org-message as above. I must admit I'm not a very experienced Linux-user. I wasn't able even to run the forcevideo-script. Where do I have to look for it. I could browse through the directory-tree and nothing else.

To run Forcevideo, you enter
Forcevideo
on the prompt on the text screen (case sensitive).
then you choose a graphics adapter driver from a list and a resolution.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

Oh MY ... case sensitive ... certainly. I choosed Vesa 1024x768, as you recommended above. Working really great.
Thanks