Topic: NTFS Unavailable

I'm relatively new to the Linux world and the available tools, and I found GParted. I have a Raspberry Pi and I'm trying to hook a couple external drives up to it. I have a new drive that I'm unable to get the Pi to see.

I opened GParted, got the typical error that there was no partition table, so I followed the steps to create the partition table. Now I'm creating the partition, but the ntfs option is greyed out. These drives will mostly be access by Windows PC's so I should leave it NTFS, but my Internet research is falling flat on how to get this ntfs option enabled. I've followed several steps and got many of the other options enabled, but not ntfs yet.

Re: NTFS Unavailable

Looks like I was missing ntfs-3g, I installed it by entering:

sudo apt-get install ntfs-3g

Now ntfs is available in GParted

Re: NTFS Unavailable

The page "Features" in the GParted Help web site shows required software for the various filesystems supported by GParted.

Another way to use GParted is to use the GParted Live CD/USB. This live system contains all required libraries for every supported filesystem.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***