Topic: strange error:authentication failure, anyone helps?

Hello, I am a user of GParted and I run into a issue of authentication failure during install, can anyone help solve this?

it says "Debian GNU/Linux buster/sid debian tty1    debian login:user(automatic login) Authentication failure" after I set up language and mode, anyone has seen this error message before? Many thanks!!!

Re: strange error:authentication failure, anyone helps?

If you are experiencing difficulty installing a Debian package then we suggest you ask your question on a Debian forum.

For GParted we highly recommend booting from media containing GParted Live.  This will enable all the features of GParted as all the optional packages are included.

3 (edited by titikai 2018-11-07 04:44:26)

Thanks a lot! I think we used gparted-live-0.25.0-3-i686.iso, it should be right version. We can boot successfully, but cannot proceed after set up mode

Could it result from poor network connection? Can we install successfully without internet connection?

Attached is the snapshot of the issue:

https://img-blog.csdnimg.cn/20181107101330103.JPG?x-oss-process=image/watermark,type_ZmFuZ3poZW5naGVpdGk,shadow_10,text_aHR0cHM6Ly9ibG9nLmNzZG4ubmV0L3dhbmdkeTA3MDc=,size_16,color_FFFFFF,t_70
Thanks a lot!!!

The GParted Live image does not require an Internet connection.

GParted Live 0.25.0-3 is quite old.  Currently the latest version is 0.32.0-1.  We suggest you update to the latest GParted Live.

gedakc wrote:

The GParted Live image does not require and Internet connection.

GParted Live 0.25.0-3 is quite old.  Currently the latest version is 0.32.0-1.  We suggest you update to the latest GParted Live.

Thanks for your help, let me try the version you mentioned.