Topic: The new Partition isnt showing full size

After doing a resize of dev/sda4 its not showing correctly I went from 1.7 tb to 7.27 tb but in the information have Warning 5.46 TiB of unallocated space within the partition.
To grow the file system to fill the partition, select the partition and choose the menu item: Partition-->Check.

Where is that located ? If I right click on it I only see Resize/move, Unmount, Manage Flags, Information

And if I click on Partition on top of the screen I get the same selection

Any help would be great !

Thank You smile

2 (edited by Mikethomas100 2017-12-10 20:27:11)

Re: The new Partition isnt showing full size

I was using Ubuntu 14 and that feature isn't there ! So just download Gparted 30 and found it ! My question now is how must I wait ? The progress bar is not moving on this 8 tb drive. How do you know its stuck ? The drive is empty

Ok just tried to cancel it and its locked up had to do a reboot. Re-tried the process and getting the same result sad

Ok left it run over night... This morning the check process screen was gone so opened it again and it still shows a warning sign on it. So it didn't fix it sad Anyone know what I should do next ?

Mikethomas100 wrote:

Ok left it run over night... This morning the check process screen was gone so opened it again and it still shows a warning sign on it. So it didn't fix it sad Anyone know what I should do next ?

Fixed it by just formatting ext4. So I guess the resizing and Check do not work

Mikethomas100 wrote:

So I guess the resizing and Check do not work

These do work as long as the file system integrity is intact and enough time is allowed for the operation to complete.

In one of the posts you mentioned that you canceled the operation.  When a resize is in progress then canceling it can leave the file system in an inconsistent state.  I suspect that this is what occurred.

The drive size mentioned was 8 TB which is huge.  This would be another reason for the process taking a long time.

Other factors relate to how the drive was connected to the computer.  SATA is fast compared to USB.