Topic: Internal Harddrives not detected

I'm running windows 10 right now and my issue is that I can't seem to find my hard drives. I see the USB that I am using, and I can connect an external hard drive and see that. When I enter the bios the disks are there and perfectly fine, only in Gparted I can't seem to find my hard drives to change the partitions. Any help is welcome!

Re: Internal Harddrives not detected

What version of GParted or GParted Live are you using?

Recognition of NVME devices was added in version 0.24.0 in case your internal drives are of this variety.

They are NVME, but I amusing the latest version 28.1 so this shouldn't be an issue.

gedakc wrote:

What version of GParted or GParted Live are you using?

Recognition of NVME devices was added in version 0.24.0 in case your internal drives are of this variety.

Can you provide the output from the following command?

cat /proc/partitions

GParted uses this file to build a list of storage devices.

The output I receive is:
8    0   1956832 sda
8    1   1956496 sdal
7    0     243312 loop0

gedakc wrote:

Can you provide the output from the following command?

cat /proc/partitions

GParted uses this file to build a list of storage devices.

It would appear the only hard drive recognized by the operating system is /dev/sda.

It's possible that your hardware is not yet supported by Debian Live (SID), upon which GParted Live is based.

You might try another GNU/Linux distro with GParted to see if that distro supports your hardware.

The harddrives I have are fairly new, the samsung 850 pro m.2 and the sandisk extreme pro, so this makes sense, any idea of which distro could work with these?

gedakc wrote:

It would appear the only hard drive recognized by the operating system is /dev/sda.

It's possible that your hardware is not yet supported by Debian Live (SID), upon which GParted Live is based.

You might try another GNU/Linux distro with GParted to see if that distro supports your hardware.

You might try SystemRescueCD.

EDIT:
One other thing to try.
If you know the path to your NVME drive, then you can pass the drive path to gparted on the command line.
For example:

sudo gparted /path-to-device

Where /path-to-device is something like /dev/nvme0