Topic: Cannot create a linux partition in GParted because of warnings

I have a 64 bit system with a 500 gb hardrive and 8 gb of RAM. I am trying to dual boot Ubuntu 16.04.2 and Windows 10. I used universal USB installer to mount GParted live 0.28.1amd64 and when i boot it up i saw two warning icons beside my windows partition which said microsoft reserved partition and basic data partition. Also when trying to create a linux partition, the maximum size and the minimum size allowed is the same. One of the warning messages i receive reads:

Unable to read the contents of this file system! Because of this some operations may be unavailable. The cause might be a missing software package. The following list of software packages is required for ntfs file system support: ntfs-3g / ntfsprogs

Another warning message beside an unknown partition reads

Unable to detect file system! Possible reasons are: - The file system is damaged - The file system is unknown to GParted - There is no file system available (unformatted) - The device entry /dev/sda3 is missing

The link to view images of the warning messages, my GParted, and my disk management is below

http://imgur.com/a/xCDpD

Im not sure what to do at this point to create a linux partition.
Please help community! Ive been stuck on this for quite sometime and i really want to get back to learning programming and Ubuntu!!

Re: Cannot create a linux partition in GParted because of warnings

The error message can occur if Windows is not properly shutdown and is left in an inconsistent state.

Can you try booting into Windows and then properly shutting down Windows (Start -> Shutdown) before booting GParted Live?