Topic: Computer freeze whire resizing partition... all data lost.

Hello, I was using Gparted for enlarging a ext3 partition, using some unallocated space that i have on the left of that partition.
Gparted (live cd version)  was moving all the files.... while my computer crushed, I think for a hardware cause.
After rebooting my pc the partition was impossible to mount, I've tried fsck, e2fsck, and many other tools, like photorec, but unsucessfully.
How can i recover my data inside the partition?
The final result after the operation of gparted expected to be  a hard-disk with only two partitions, but now the incriminated partition isn't big as much as I expeted, and there is 40 Gb of unallocated space at the end of the hard-disk. I think my data are still there.
Using Photorec I've managed to find some photos, but not the one i was searching for....
Photorec ask me some parameter that I don't know, such as block size, and offset.
Can anyone suggest me something, or a commercial software to use that can recover my data?
thanks a lot

Does anybody know what gparted is doing enlarging a ext3 partition that contains data, using unallocated space on the left?

Re: Computer freeze whire resizing partition... all data lost.

nobody?