Topic: Reallocate free space between logical drives in RAID 10 array.

Can GParted reallocate free space between logical drives in RAID 10 array? I have two logical drives, D and E, and would like to move free space from E to D, how can I go about accomplishing this? The drives are not adjacent to each other!

Re: Reallocate free space between logical drives in RAID 10 array.

To move space from one partition to another, the space must be adjacent.  For an example, see Moving Space Between Partitions.

gedakc wrote:

To move space from one partition to another, the space must be adjacent.  For an example, see Moving Space Between Partitions.

Is there a way to make the free space adjacent to the drive I want to add it to using GParted?

gedakc wrote:

Let me explain it a little more, the logical drives are disk 0 and disk 1 and so they are not to right or left of each other but below and above each other. Can I move free space across?

damian_luv wrote:
gedakc wrote:

Let me explain it a little more, the logical drives are disk 0 and disk 1 and so they are not to right or left of each other but below and above each other. Can I move free space across?

The reference to partitions being adjacent is regarding the starting and ending sectors of the partitions which tracked in a partition table normally at the start of the drive.  I am not referring to the physical hardware disk drives and where they are in relation to each other.

I highly recommend that you spend the time to learn more about disk drives, partition tables, and RAID to gain a better understanding before you embark on editing the partition tables on your drives.