Topic: Install nightmare !

I tried to install Solus to a partition on my hard drive.  The install procedure from live cd says I have to create a partition " MOUNT POINT"

using gparted.  ok !  So I run gparted  and I create a new partition on my hard drive. But there is NO WAY/ACCESS/OR DIRECTION TO

CREATE A MOUNT POINT!     i TRY to reinstall Solus again with the same message!!

ANY MAGIC SOLUTIONS here????

Re: Install nightmare !

I don't know why Gparted is suggested to create mount points. GParted creates partitions. Mount points are related to the operating system configuration. To create the mount points, you can edit the /etc/fstab file, that is a text file. You have to login as root for this. Please look for "fstab".

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

ok,  thanks for the reply.  all the other distros guide you thru the install for  ext 4,  mount point, swap area.....etc.

this  problem OS  just doesn't !  needs work, i guess.

looked at fstab and have no clue as how to change anything in there so I'll just pass on the whole silly thing.

By looking at the web page of this distro, I understand that installation would be easy, almost "transparent" without complicated operations from the user. The file UserGuide-Solus1.2.pdf I found there doesn't emnrion about any such mount point creation. I think you could look for their support.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***