Topic: Basic questions about the new live release

I don't know if "gparted-live-0.25.0-3-i686.iso" is 32 or 64 bit?

Is there a torrent download?

Can't find the MD5 or SHA hash numbers to verify the downloads.

Thanks in advance,

Linux Mint 20.0 Cinnamon

Re: Basic questions about the new live release

Please look at the main GParted download page:

NOTE:   GParted Live is available in three different architectures

Architecture    Description
i686      32-bit version runs on x86 and x86-64 based computers, limited to physical address space of 4 gigabytes, and uses one processor only.
    If in doubt, try this one first.
i686-PAE      32-bit version runs on x86 (i686 and higher) and x86-64 based computers, with Physical Address Extension to access more than 4 gigabytes of memory, and supports use of multiple processor cores.
amd64      64-bit version runs on x86-64 based computers, with ability to access more than 4 gigabytes of memory, and supports use of multiple processor cores.
    For newer (>2010) computers with UEFI instead of legacy BIOS try this one.

So, i686 is 32 bit.
MD5 and SHA sums are included in the sourceforge pages for each version.
There are surely many other sites that provide GParted downloads, however we always recommend the official page.
The latest stable GParted Livecd is actually 0.26.0-2.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

Re: Basic questions about the new live release

class413 wrote:

Please look at the main GParted download page:

NOTE:   GParted Live is available in three different architectures

Architecture    Description
i686      32-bit version runs on x86 and x86-64 based computers, limited to physical address space of 4 gigabytes, and uses one processor only.
    If in doubt, try this one first.
i686-PAE      32-bit version runs on x86 (i686 and higher) and x86-64 based computers, with Physical Address Extension to access more than 4 gigabytes of memory, and supports use of multiple processor cores.
amd64      64-bit version runs on x86-64 based computers, with ability to access more than 4 gigabytes of memory, and supports use of multiple processor cores.
    For newer (>2010) computers with UEFI instead of legacy BIOS try this one.

So, i686 is 32 bit.
MD5 and SHA sums are included in the sourceforge pages for each version.
There are surely many other sites that provide GParted downloads, however we always recommend the official page.
The latest stable GParted Livecd is actually 0.26.0-2.

Thanks, will look again on Sourceforge. Downloaded a copy from a site using torrent which I always vmatches and the numbers didn't match. That's why I want it.

Linux Mint 20.0 Cinnamon