Topic: Pass Gparted boot parameters?

Sorry if the answer is in the forum - I DID search and didn't find anything.

I use Gparted on a USB stick, I pulled the kernel and init along with the image file gparted out of the ISO and boot to it with Grub4DOS.  I want to make it boot to ram, I tried the boot cheatcode  toram and also ram and it never boots to ram.  I can select it off the special parameters list during boot and it loads into ram fine.

This is the menu.lst entry I use.  What is the boot code to pass to the kernel to make it boot into ram without user intervention?

title GpartEd
find --set-root /grldr
root (hd0,0)
kernel /linux noapic noeject noprompt ram toram dma initrd=initrd.gz root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc ramdisk_size=163840
initrd /initrd.gz

Re: Pass Gparted boot parameters?

This concerns Live-Media !
BTW there is a script to built the usb-stick !
And try last version too wink

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

1) As a moderator I think you would of moved the message if you were that concerned.

2) It doesn't matter if there is a script or not, what I want to know is what is the proper cheat code to put the image in ram - that would be a valid question if I was remastering a CD OR putting the image on another media.

3) What good is trying the last version going to do me if I don't know what I need to know in the first place?

Well this has to be the shortest time I've ever been on a forum.  I'm outta here.

nice. bye.

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)