Topic: partition recovery fron linux swap 2 to ntfs

hi, i need help, i was trying to install ubuntu over windows and do a mistake:
disc D formatted to linux swap 2, and then do nothing.
when i start windows there no more disk D, i am trying to recover data via TestDisk, can i do something else?
there was many urgent data about (10 giga).
thanks for any help.

Re: partition recovery fron linux swap 2 to ntfs

You might try to recover files using photorec.  Photorec will scan the disk surface looking for files it recognizes.  Please note that this is a time consuming endeavour and much work will be required on your part, but it can be worthwhile if you do not have a backup of your data.

gedakc wrote:

You might try to recover files using photorec.  Photorec will scan the disk surface looking for files it recognizes.  Please note that this is a time consuming endeavour and much work will be required on your part, but it can be worthwhile if you do not have a backup of your data.

Hi i work hard all night and sucsesfuly recovered about 10 gig of data using test disc - photorec, thank you!

'Glad to hear your data recovery efforts were successful.

If this issue is resolved then you can help other people searching for answers to similar questions by editing the initial post and prefixing SOLVED in front of the title.

5 (edited by Slydude 2017-09-04 12:49:51)

Take care not to write or download any files to the drive that contains the files that got deleted, or you may accidentally overwrite them. (Because windows doesn't actually eradicate files when you delete them; it just marks the space that the files occupied as 'free space' that can be used again). There are tools that can recover from this, but I've never had to use them. Google precisely the phrase you used as your title for this post and you should get some usable results. Pandora Recovery, for example https://www.pandorarecovery.com/partition-recovery.html