1 (edited by littleefoxx 2015-03-27 07:19:40)

Topic: GParted Doesn't Boot Properly [SOLVED]

I'm running Windows XP SP3. I'm using a 4 GB Sandisk flash drive.
I'm simply wanting to split my current partition (C Drive) into 2 partitions.

I have tried all 4 boot methods shown on the Gparted website with the exact same issue. GParted will start to boot, then takes me to a blank screen with a blinking cursor and will not do anything (Ctrl Alt Del, Power Button) I have to hold the power button down to get out of it.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. The drive works fine booting from other .isos (Such as Windows installation) Please give me some support and thanks in advance.

"Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place" ~John Bender, The Breakfast Club (1985)

Re: GParted Doesn't Boot Properly [SOLVED]

littleefoxx wrote:

I have tried all 4 boot methods shown on the Gparted website with the exact same issue. GParted will start to boot, then takes me to a blank screen with a blinking cursor and will not do anything (Ctrl Alt Del, Power Button) I have to hold the power button down to get out of it.

I have the same here.

Would you be able to try the latest GParted Live image (currently 0.22.0-1)?

I downloaded the latest version from the site, which was that version.

"Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place" ~John Bender, The Breakfast Club (1985)

5 (edited by littleefoxx 2015-03-26 01:51:15)

Scratch that, I didn't realize there was a BRAND new version. Downloading now

UPDATE: I'm still having the same issue. It will show the GParted information really quick, then go to a blank console screen with just a blinking cursor where I can't do anything except force shutdown.

Often boot problems have been related to the boot media.

Would you be able to try booting from different media?  Either a different USB flash drive, or from CD or DVD media?

Well, I don't have a reason to use GParted anymore because I successfully deleted my ENTIRE harddrive (which is very, very bad) But anyways...I guess I'll just set this to closed because I can now multi-boot and use GParted, which was the whole reason I needed it in the first place.

Thanks for the support anyways.

Thank you for reporting back and marking the issue as solved.