Topic: Cant resize Pri from unallocated

Ok First I want to say from what I can tell so far this looks like an AWSOME tool and you cant beat free or open source. Anyway this is my first time using this program. I have an 80Gb drive and I have about 4.9GB infront of my /dev/sda2 which is 34.58GB and then I have 35.05 of unallocated after that. I am trying to get it all into one partition. All goes well when I hit apply but then I get this

ntfsresize v1.13.1 (libntfs 9:0:0)
Device name   :/dev/sda2
NTFS volume version: 3.1
Cluster size     :4096 bytes
Current volume size:  37128913408 bytes  (37129 MB)
Current device size:  37128913920  bytes  (37129 MB)
Checking for bad sectors ...
Checking filesystem consistency ...
Cluster 1946884 is referenced multiply times
Cluster 1946885 is referenced multiply times
Cluster 1946886 is referenced multiply times
ERROR:  Filesystem check failed
ERROR:  3 clusters are refrenced multiply times
NTFS is inconsistant. Run chkdsk /f on Windows then reboot it TWICE!
The usage of the /f parameter is very IMPORTANT! No modification was
and will be made to NTFS by this software until it gets repaired.

Now I used Migrate Easy to clone the drive of a few systems im working on at work here. Our goal is to get rid of 2 un-needed partitions put in place by the OEM :cough Acer :cough one of which takes up half the drive. Anyway so I try to merge the un-needed partitions and turn all of it into just one partition, which I may add is already NTFS since thats done when Migrate Easy does its thing.

So any ideas how to fix this?
Thank you all for the help

Re: Cant resize Pri from unallocated

NTFS is inconsistant. Run chkdsk /f on Windows then reboot it TWICE!

I guess you should try this first smile

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

Re: Cant resize Pri from unallocated

Well and I figured I should but these are brand new never been booted systems and if possable we wanted to do as much as we could without booting them totaly up. But doesnt matter anymore my boss and I just decided to keep that partitions on the systems as they are (which sounds stupid to loos half the drives space) but thank you for your help. If by chance he changes his mind again I will try that.