Topic: SATA disk no detection

Hello,

I'm trying to use GParted 0.3.3-0_francais as the tool is very promising to install and to maintain my new PC config.
However, after correct dwnl, cd burn and boot, the main and only HD is not detected.

My PC is a standard one:
- MSI MS7293 motherboard, VIA PT890 and 8273A chipset, Seagate SATA 320 Gb

During bootstrap, DVD/CD is detected as /dev/hdc and is the only device that Gparted can display.
Tried a little bit to set up SATA option(s) during boot: no luck and not working.

Any idea of howto select the SATA option or to fix this issue?

Thanks for support and ideas
Cheers,

Re: SATA disk no detection

Same problem here.
Do i have to check the Bios?
One sata disk, no detection, Iv'e tried without adding any modules, then I add all modules (not a good idea, just tired) but none of those tips worked.
It's an asus A8V-VM motherboard...

Could you please go to the beta iso location and give it a try ?
Here it is : http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=313

Official release should be released tomorrow or something.

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

I've tried it too, it started searching for my sata disk while loading but finally found nothing, I've found a linux sata driver on the Asus website.
Is it possible to load it while Gparted start?

i am currently building a new iso with kernel 2.6.20. so wait a bit please smile

Larry
GParted-project Admin

thanks for your answer, anyway i'll have to be patient.
Gparted is a wonderful tool, i used it on hardware not too recent, it works perfectly.
I work in a school as teacher and network admin so i also use OSCAR (you probably know) and now oscar includes Gparted in its live cd, it's a very useful package (kind of mix between gparted and partimage with easy interface).

I fdont know Oscar, but what i know is that livecd keep often keep on old version of livecd which can make real damages.
And that's the reason why i try to update it .
But  i have some problems with new packages atm....

Larry
GParted-project Admin