Topic: Problems after resising NTFS partition

Hello,
I've boot from the GParted livecd, that works fine. 
Then i tried to resize my NTFS partition. This cause the following error:   
GPrated means, that it's impossible to change the filesystem size, so the partition would be bigger, but not under Windows XP. 
The harddrive manager shows me a big partition, but at the workplace I only see the old smaller partition. 
What can i do to resize my partition correctly?

Re: Problems after resising NTFS partition

welcome to our forums smile

I'm sorry, but you have the rephrase your question, it's very hard to understand what you want to ask. Did you grow your ntfs partition and doesn't it show up with it's new size in windows?

Try also searching the forums, i have the feeling we've had this question before.

Ok, I try to write it better wink

I've grow my ntfs partition. Now the partition is bigger, but the filesystem isn't grown.

http://www.bilder-speicher.de/vollbild.php?Terez628572

could this be related to this topic? (http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=198)

Anyway, try to boot in gparted again and shrink the partition 100MiB, then regrow it again. This will force the ntfsresizer to resize the filesystem.

plors wrote:

Anyway, try to boot in gparted again and shrink the partition 100MiB, then regrow it again. This will force the ntfsresizer to resize the filesystem.

That works wink

Thanks a lot!

no problem, it's only a bit weird you had to do this, because gparted is supposed to do this the first time.
Did you notice anything strange while running gparted that first time? got any warnings maybe?

Sorry for this delay, at the moment I'm a little bit bussy.

I didn't noticed anything strange while running gparted, so I don't got any warnings.