Topic: eliminating extended partition

I created an extended partition using GParted on the Ubuntu Linux disk.  I'm now ready to give up on Linux and want to eliminate the extended partition (it is divided into two logical partitions, as I understand it).  Should I just put the Ubuntu disk back in and use GParted to resize the original partition up to its full size so it swallows up the extended partition?  Will I lose any data from the part of the partition that was not used for the extended partition?  I use Windows XP Pro.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

(p.s. If anyone is wondering why I am giving up on Linux it is because so much of it is over my head.  Main problems: screen resolution, five-button mouse, hibernation, Gmail notifier, multimedia content on Web sites--I struggled with all of these and only permanently solved one.  I don't want to become a hobbyist, I just want my computer to work.)

Re: eliminating extended partition

1- Ubuntu is running a *very* old version of GParted.
DON'T DO THAT !
2- Get the last releae of GParted-livecd, and ...come back smile

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

Thanks very much for your advice.  I see the latest release.  What is your recommendation on how to restore my Windows partition to its original size?

Thanks very much--I couldn't do this alone.

Hm i dont really understand what you want to do. could you post somewhere any screenshots of the current situation and then add a comment to explain what you wish, please ?

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)