Topic: Gparted won't load from Hirens or UBCD

First, I've searched and got over 500 posts and so far none of them are similar to my problem.

Second, I need to quick format a partition on a month old Seagate HDD so I can use it as a data drive. Want to overwrite a W7 home with my data (tested Macrium Reflect). Don't want to FDISK, etc. as I have some BU data on the last, third partition. Easy huh?

But for some reason I can't get Gparted to load from either of the above discs. Some appls load but Gparted (and a few others) only load the screen with lines about DMI?, interrupts and ahci.  But Windows loads fine so no bios issues w/ahci. Even my Gparted CD will not load. Have 4GB of ram on this GA-790XTA-UD4 board.

Stumped and frustrated. IT just makes me tired sometimes. It's like reading up only to find the bootloader has a bootloader. I should be able to do this w/one hand behind my back.

If anyone could help me out, and let me know if I need to do anything w/the MBR at the front of this 1TB SG (I think the quick format will excise it) I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,

Mac

Bart Hakvoort - jeez you guys make it a bit hard to find the name. Some others might take longer than my 4 min to find it. They might give up.

Re: Gparted won't load from Hirens or UBCD

It is quite easy to run GParted from the Live CD/USB. It contains all libraries required by the included software versions.
Please look at the Live CD/USB page.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

Thanks class, discovered the fail safe mode and got the job done. Perplexing that all of these discs loaded GP on other pc's and laptops in the past. Can't quite figure out what would cause that. Can't be in the bios AFAICT. AHCI works fine loading multiple MS OS's.

Bart Hakvoort - jeez you guys make it a bit hard to find the name. Some others might take longer than my 4 min to find it. They might give up.

So, if the problem is gone, you can mark the thread  [SOLVED]  by editing your starting post of the thread.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***