Topic: Grow error after move right.

I'm trying to move some partitions to the right so I can add free space to my second GPT partition.  When I move the last partition to the far right and apply I get an error on the move right.  The details say it calibration passed, the check file system passed, but the grow partition fails. To me this means it can't add the unallocated space to the left of the last partition after it moves right. I've never had this issue.  I've tried all align options.  This is xbox one 500GB drive cloned to 525 SSD. Just trying to get what little unallocated space from the end to the 2nd partition, but since it's failing to move I don't know what to do.  I cloned with Clonezilla.

Re: Grow error after move right.

You can try to do it in 2 steps: grow the partition to the right and move the left border to the right in a second step, or try to move half of the space, and retry after for another half.
In any case, the partition must be in good condition (no broken filesystem).

It is useful to provide the detail file from GParted after the fail message.

If the problem still occurs, then please also provide the output from the following two commands

sudo fdisk -l -u

where one of the options is a lower case "L" and not the number one.

sudo parted /path-to-your-device unit s print

where /path-to-your-device is something like /dev/sda.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

Re: Grow error after move right.

Another tip is that GUID Partition Tables (GPT) store a backup at the end of the drive.  Be sure to leave 1 MiB of unallocated space at the far right end, otherwise GParted will need to shrink the partition and file system so that the GPT is not overwritten.

Also it is easier for us to help if your save the gparted_details.html log file when you encounter an error.  Then you can post it with your report so that everyone can see what happened.