Topic: Gparted on VirtualBox not working: issues with Xorg

First Boot Option --> all defaults and I get http://storage6.static.itmages.com/i/16 … 327b7d.png and pstree shows Xorg running so..
I need this to resize an XP ,vdi image - what should I do?

2 (edited by vek.m1234 2016-07-09 10:00:43)

Re: Gparted on VirtualBox not working: issues with Xorg

I'm seeing this error, on a VM with debian 32 bit selected. I'm using the gparted-live 0.26 i686 iso. I tried with EFI enabled and it works after a wait. However, as i said, I'm resizing XP and that's in 2 parts.

1. I resize the VBox hard drive using its tools - which i did.
2. Then I get gparted to resize xp-ntfs. This is where the trouble is. My paritions were not created using EFI so.. what do I do?
gparted with EFI shows the sda1 and instead of isolating to my extra area I added in step-1, it shows the entire HD.

So what should I do?

For some as yet unknown reason, there are issues booting in Virtual Box.  Fortunately there are work-arounds for these issues.

Assuming you are using the latest GParted Live (currently 0.26.1-1) see GParted News.

More specifically can you try the following? 
VirtualBox workarounds: To boot in BIOS mode choose GParted Live "KMS mode", and to fix window manager issues right-click desktop and choose "fluxbox menu -> Restart".

Okay that worked great. Thanks

'Glad to hear it worked.

Since the workaround worked for you, you can help others searching for answers to similar problems by editing the initial post and prefixing "SOLVED" in front of the title.