Topic: Freeze Lock on hdd Secure Lock

Hey! I make secure erase. My disc freezes my laptop on boot. With disk in, i cant select boot options with b12, i can only write a password. NULL and nothing, doesn't help. I dont know how to make it. In other forum i was told to wipe out disc and put it after i change boot selection. I make this, but i dont know how to wiev this freeze hdd id Parted Magic/Gparted. Anyone can hel me please? :( (sorry for my english if its bad)

Re: Freeze Lock on hdd Secure Lock

If you are experiencing difficulty booting GParted Live, please see the GParted Live Manual, expecially the section on Preparing BIOS.

gedakc wrote:

If you are experiencing difficulty booting GParted Live, please see the GParted Live Manual, expecially the section on

GParted is working, but did not see my drive. If the disc is inserted, it can not enter into F2 or F12 in, nothing works, it only displays this screen on which I am asked to enter a password. I can only turn Gparted / parted magic, and then insert the disc, but do not program it reads. I do not know what to do with it.

Unfortunately I do not understand your problem.  If the drive is connected after GParted is running, you would need to refresh GParted for it to scan for new drives.

I make scan for new drives and it does not change anything

Can you try describing the problem in a different way?  I still do not understand what issue you are experiencing.

1. I turn on the laptop, without HDD inside. 2. I am booting Parted Magic 3. Put hdd in the laptop. 4. Rruchamiam Gparted, and GParted does not see the drive that was put. He sees only the USB booting SOFT.

The sequence is intentional, because when I run a laptop with a disc already inserted inside, I can not run b2bios / b12boot and on the screen I see only a request for password hdd, which was imposed by soft to secure disk erase. Thank you for your patience smile

We develop and support GParted Live so perhaps you might try using GParted Live.