Topic: [EXPIRED] Giving Away 2 "Manage Partitions with GParted How-to" Books

EDIT:  This book giveway expired on December 31, 2012.

We have a fantastic book giveaway for you, thanks to the generosity of Packt Publishing.  We are giving away two copies of the book Manage Partitions with GParted How-to to two lucky forum members.  All you have to do for a chance of winning one of these books is post a reply telling us why you would like or need this book.

ABOUT THE BOOK

http://gparted.org/images/book-9823os-cover.jpg

Manage Partitions with GParted How-to is a practical, hands-on guide providing you with step-by-step instructions to effectively organize your hard drive. You start with simple tasks that help you identify drives and partitions.  Next you progress to tasks covering the basics of how to grow, shrink, move, and copy partitions without data loss. You finish with advanced tasks that use the basics to prepare for new operating systems, migrate space between partitions, and share data among Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.

For a sample chapter, see Moving Space Between Partitions.

More information on the book is also available at Packt Publishing:
Manage Partitions with GParted How-to

HOW TO WIN THESE BOOKS

This competition will run for the next 10 days (ending on December 30, 2012) and all you have to do for a chance to win is post a reply telling us why you would like or need this book.

Winners will be selected at random.  When the winners are selected, they will be informed by Packt Publishing through email about how they can get their free copy of the book.  A printed book is available to persons living in the UK, US, and Europe.  Persons living in other areas will receive an eBook.

Good luck to everyone smile

Re: [EXPIRED] Giving Away 2 "Manage Partitions with GParted How-to" Books

I would like a book to be resourceful and knowledgeable in my usage of GParted.  I've used the program many times for partitioning.  I've gone so far as to use it on USB pen drives, as part of Linux distributions, both installed and Live versions.  GParted is my go to application for getting my partitioning and formatting accomplished.  It's solid and rocks.  Winning the book would help me organize data drives effectively.  Thanks!

I've just started using GParted, so am still somewhat in the dark. As I'm in the learning stages, a book would be very helpful.
Thanks, Steve

Congratulations to the two winners of a copy of the book Manage Partitions with GParted How-to.

The two winners are GParted forum users jockovonred and SteveS.

I have forwarded your forum userids and email addresses to Kavita Pandey at Packt Publishing to contact you directly to arrange delivery of your copy of the book.

Thanks again for your interest in the new book Manage Partitions with GParted How-to.