Topic: Can not make partition beyond 2TB (linux)

Hello
System Spec:
S5000PAL with SBROMSAS18E Raid backplane
Array Raid 0 configuration with 6x 750Gb Seagate Barracuda (total of 4.5 TB of disk space)

Issue:
GParted Live CD is not allowing me to create more than 2TB partition (NON LVM)
It read and detected the RAID driver just fine,

What-If:
If I created partition with ext3 beyond 2TB it self correct to 2GB and wont create 2TB/more partition.
If I slide (using Resize) it wont allow me to do so, it sprung back to the way it was or it gave me random size below 2TB
Direct regular install RHEL5.1 /SLES 10 SP1  using default NON LVM, it wont boot or will corrupt the OS if any of the partition is 2TB or more

Please let me know the solution,  this is seemed to be an international widespread issue.
Fdisk is proven not to be able to make beyond 2TB partition. Many sources told me to use Gparted (I have not had any sucess yet)

Re: Can not make partition beyond 2TB (linux)

Added Log:

Installation of RHEL5.1 x64 using NON LVM is completed
/ (root) ext3 70GB -->OS boot normally
use Gparted to claimed the empty space (creating new partition more than 2TB) ---> FAILED

Reboot using Gparted 3.4-11 LiveCD
Deleted all exsisting partition --> still can not make more than 2TB partition --->FAILED

Re: Can not make partition beyond 2TB (linux)

I know that there is a limit to the partition size with Gparted (or Parted). In older versions, this limit was at about 1TB. Last livecds contain a newer Parted version.

Nevertheless, I found the following link, that is related for the issue you describe:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/fdisk-una … r-2tb.html
It seems to involve GNU parted some command line work.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***